Thursday, October 27, 2005

Goodbye to you!

Long time, no speak folks! Sorry, I've been so freakin' busy.

I would just like to take this opportunity to denounce the Killers. It pains me, but I have to do it. I have had a full bouleversement of my feelings for them. I mean if you asked me two years ago (to the day, practically) what I thought of them, I would have been their biggest supporter. I was telling everyone that I knew how great their demos were and how lively their show was at Don Hills (the night they got signed) and how big the band was going to be when their album finally dropped. And, though I must admit that I overplayed most of their songs before the album was even out, I would still be able to get behind them and their eyeliner-heavy, glammed out new wave but (and yeah, I'm talking to you, Brandon Flowers!) I have had enough with their fucking attitude. Picking on the Bravery was bad enough (I mean, they are such an easy target!) and now they are picking on Fall Out Boy (which I wouldn't blame them for if they were speaking out against how shitty their music is, but Brandon is fucking whining about how FOB--who are their labelmates--got more attention or money from Island/Def Jam)! Plus everytime I read an interview with Brandon, he is acting like a sissy prima donna. You would think that a band as new (with as precarious a future--hey even Kris Kross had one hit album!) as the Killers would be stoked to be included in the Spin 20th Anniversary issue as one of the 20 Greatest Innovators (which, even a fan of the band would argue, is not true. I mean their songs are good, but there is NOTHING remotely inovative about their derrivative sound/look.) alongside true innovators like Ian MacKaye and Chuck D. However, Brandon took that opportunity to talk about how he wants "people to compare us to the Beatles," and how he "spends too much money on Dior jackets." Ugh! That is so not cool. He just sounds like a stuck up jack-ass. I've put up with his gross behavior for two years now because I was in love with his songs, but now I'm just chalking him up to a pretty boy Mormon who apes the Cars. (PS: Have you ever heard him give an interview where he doesn't name check the Cars or U2? Dude, there are other MUCH better band!) So....I declare it now. I'm over them. Also, have you noticed that every female-to-male transsexual that you see looks like Brandon? I did a double take the other day on the subway thinking I saw him and then I realized that it was just a young, butch girl. Brandon, is that the look you are purposely going for? Young, baby-faced, masculine girl?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home