Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Let me ask you one question

Yeah, yeah, I stole the following from Karina's blog, after she stole it from MySpace (which I won't join because a-it makes me feel old, b-it feels like a version of craigslist's casual encounters, but with photos, and c-i already have enough trouble with fucking Friendster and their new "see-who-viewed-your-profile" option that was so traumatizing that my roommate woke me up at 3 a.m. to show it to me.), but I really felt like writing and didn't feel like devoting an entire post to how fucking amazing that "Breaking Bonaduce" show is and, since I don't have much else going on these days, you're getting a questionaire. Plus, I am frankly a little jealous of all of you bloggers with overflowing comment boxes. Perhaps this will inspire you to add answers to your favorite questions in the comments section.

1. What is your own most favorite nickname?
It's a tie between B. (because that is what my closest friends from high school have always called me) and Re (because that is what my dad always called me and I think it's cute that Jen and Elizabeth resurrected that nickname).

2.What is your favorite illegal or perscription substance?
Pot? But that's only cuz I don't have access to the good perscriptions.

3. What is your favorite hard liquor or cocktail?
Whiskey on the rocks. (Yeah, I know the really hardcore drink it neat....I'm working on it!)

3. Ever cried at a show? What song/ artist was it?
Bright Eyes at Field Day (June 7, 2003) on the outdoor second stage in the POURING rain. My own personal waterworks began during (what was then called) "One Foot In Front of The Other."

4. Did you love the first person you ever slept with?
No.

5. Funniest name you ever gave to a pet:
I dunno. Is it funny that my fluffy black cat was named Hendrix? Or is it funny that the patrician-looking Siamese we had growing up was named Princeton?

6. When was the last time you blushed? Why?
Dude, I am a champion blusher. Just mention the name of a boy I like and I turn bright red.

7. Your most favorite song right this second?
Right this second? Either "Punks in the Beerlight" by the Silver Jews or "Right to Lite Tonight" by Blood on the Wall.

8.Your most favorite work of art?
I know it is a cliche but seeing Guernica in person was a moving experience. It is so fucking huge, it's like the painting envelopes you.

9. Last movie you cried at?
I got a little misty at "Everything is Illuminated," but the last time I wept (like big, fat tears rolling down my cheeks) was during "Shopgirl." (When it actually opens and you all see it, you'll wonder why. It's not really a tearjerker. But it just really spoke to me personally.)

10. What is your pen name?
Uh, I write under my actual name. (Which I won't write here because I don't want this blog to pop up in a google search of my name.)

11. If you could transport yourself and one person to any City in the world right now, where would you go and who would you take?
I have a bug up my ass about going to Iceland right now, so I guess Reykjavic. Who would I take? My sister, I guess. I don't get to see her enough and that girl knows how to have a good time. She could have fun at a funeral.

12. What kind of perfume/ cologne do you wear?
Depending on the season: Fresh's Fig Apricot, Anna Sui, Keihl's Musk, Benefit's Maybe Baby.

13. Why do you wear it?
Because they alternate sweet and sexy.

14. What scent are you most attracted to?
in general: baking bread, the ocean.
on a man: whiskey and sweat.

15. Who is your favorite designer?
The Salvation Army? The Gap? Who can afford designer duds on a freelancer salary? I like looking at Marc Jacobs stuff in magazines though and dreaming about affording and fitting into his clothes.

16. Who is your favorite historic icon?
It's a tie between JFK and Nico.

17. What was the last fake name you used?
I can't remember the last time I used a fake name. If I was going to use one, it'd be Isabel.

18. What is your favorite song to dance to?
It's still "Banquet" by Bloc Party, after over a year!

19. What is your favorite kareoke song to preform?
"Come to My Window," "One More Try," "Heartbreaker," "Gloria"

20. What do you listen to while you clean?
I have a mix I play on my iPod to try and amp myself for my least favorite tasks (like dishwashing) that has OutKast, Prince, Jay-Z, Spoon, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah on it.

21. What is your favorite music to listen to when you wake up or are lying in bed?
I don't like ANYTHING when I wake up (I'm cranky in the morning), but I like listening to Francoise Hardy when I'm lying in bed at night.

22. What is your favorite musical insturment?
bass guitar

23. What is your favorite food to cook for friends?
chicken pot pie

24. Favorite anime?
I couldn't even name any anime, let alone one I liked.

25. What are you going to be for Halloween?
Working. It's a total bummer, as it is my favorite holiday.

26. Favorite art supply?
I don't make art.

27.Favorite pen?
One that works?

28. Favorite food seasoning?
Fresh basil, cuz it is the main ingredient in pesto (the necter of the gods).

29. What is the sexiest tatoo youve seen on another person?
I don't know. I do like anything that shows off a man's nice forearm, though.

30. What is your favorite NPR interview?
I don't listen to the radio.

31. Have you ever cried while watching "Home Makeover, Extreme Home Addition?"
I have never watched it. I hate shows like that....and Ty Pennington.

32. Where do you want to live, ideally and realisticlly?
I don't know that I could ever leave NYC, it is my ideal. But I do dream about moving to San Francisco, Portland, or London.

33. What was the last play you saw?
Julius Caesar with Denzel. He wasn't very good.

34. What is your favorite element?
Lithium

35. Who is your favorite Simpson Character?
Ralph Wiggum ("Dying tickles.")

36. Who is your favorite Muppet Show charecter?
Janis

37. What was your favorite toy when you were 6?
My brown and orange Fisher Price record player on which I would play the Sound of Music cast recording and act out all the parts.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those things. they are a pain in the ass to do but i have to admit, i can't help but love reading them. as for the question about extreme makeover....i presume (because you copied it) that you did not misspell EDITION (it says ADDITION). and yes I sob like a little bitch every time it's on.

i miss you Re!

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was telling a friend the other night about my own plans to make a chicken pot pie for company coming over, and she said, "What is it with you canadians? Is chicken pot pie a sort of celebratory dish?" I asked her what she meant and she said that her extended family includes a passel of Canadians, and whenever she's up there they serve her a chicken pot pie in honor of her visit. I thought she was making it up, but the more time that passes, the more evidence I uncover that she may be on to something!

Mmmmm, chicken pot pie.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I also had that Fisher Price recortd player, and it rocked my socks off. I played, "C is for Cookie" on an endless loop from 1982-1985.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Retown said...

Yeah Jen, I just cut and pasted that questionaire so the "addition" is not my fault. Also, I just remembered that, more recently than the Bright Eyes concert, I also bawled at the Prince show at Madison Square Garden when he sang the trifecta of The Beautiful Ones/Purple Rain/Nothing Compares 2 U. I can be a slobbering baby when it comes to music.

Oh, and I don't think chicken pot pie is a Canadian thing. (At least my Canadian family never eats it.) It's a southern thing, isn't it? I'm just weirdly obsessed with it--it's chicken OFF THE BONE, served in a sauce with veggies in a crust. What's not to like?

3:54 PM  
Blogger shaymo said...

it IS delicious. I ate half the damn thing.

YUM.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home