Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Let your earth quake baby

Last night was the Hot Snakes show and, really, you should head over to shaya's site for a more detailed wrap up. Suffice it to say, the show was awesome and even though I had given lots of blood at the godforsaken doctor and smoked myself retarded, I was able to rouse myself from my the sofa to rock out. It was weird though, I haven't been to a show where the entire sea of people headbanged in unison in way over 10 years, but it was nice. I have to admit I was worried at the start of the show that it seemed too mellow and not "important" enough to be the band's last US show EVER (though I love my city and our concert venues, sometimes I think momentus shows shouldn't take place here because we are too "cool" to go apeshit and make things truly memorable), but once the show was underway, even the too cool for school kids were nodding along with big smiles on their faces.

I had to go downstairs to the bathroom before the last song of the encore (it's a problem I often have at marathon shows: my mind is in it to win it, but my bladder, which is becoming increasinly old-ladyish, can no longer sit through a four hour concert without some bathroom breaks), but they did play a Drive Like Jehu jam, which I enjoyed from the downstairs bathrooms. And then some douche got onstage and said, "We're here for Hot Snakes, not Jehu. Play Hot Snakes." (See what I mean about not being sure if New York is always such a good place for your last show--some ass will manage to ruin it for the rest of us! I mean that was the LAST thing we heard all night, some jackass complaining!)

Anyway, there are lots of excellent shows a-commin'. Tonight is DeVotchKa and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah at South Street Seaport, which will be awesome if it doesn't rain/isn't mothertrucking a million degrees outside (Yes, I'm a terrible pussy when it comes to summer weather). Tomorrow night is Need New Body (give it up for Philly!) at the Knitting Factory. I don't have tickets yet, but it isn't sold out. I've been listening to them sort of non-stop all week and I think that live they'll be especially kick ass. Who's coming with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home