Sunday, August 07, 2005

Such a perfect day....

I've been trying to blog for over almost a week, but blogger was denying me entry claiming that my cookies weren't enabled, when they clearly were. I don't know how things got cleared up, but finally, I can tell you all about the best celebrity sighting EVA! The roommate and I were smoking on the fire escape last Tuesday afternoon and she said, "Look at that Michael Pitt lookalike down there." And just as she said it, the gorgeously dirty blond dude standing in front of Essex smoking with his skinny girlfriend, tilted his head up slightly and I said, "That isn't a a lookalike."

Yes folks, my boyfriend Michael Pitt was standing right downstairs from my apartment smoking and kissing his lady-friend and nicely greeting the older African American gentleman who recognized him. I'm sorry that is worth EVERY cent of overpriced rent that I pay! He was just as puffy lipped and sexy as he is onscreen and he was especially grungy (looking like he hadn't showered in weeks, wearing a ripped white t-shirt that looked like it had never seen laundry), which was fucking hot.

I'm looking forward to his band's show at the Delancey on 8/18--he's playing with Madison and Elkland. See you all there! (Also, since we're talking shows--I'm so excited for the free Clap Your Hands Say Yeah show at South Street Seaport on Wednesday.)

Rebecca-you may ask yourself-how did you end such an amazing day? I mean what can you do to top a day where you run into the man who you list first in your list of boyfriends over there in your "About Me" profile? I'll tell you. I went out to dinner with Shaya at Kitchen and Cocktails where I had the best Mojito ever and then as we walked under a construction overpass to go to the deli for dessert, we passed a weird, possibly-homeless, DEFINITELY-inebriated man who was calling out to no one in particular, "I like my chicken fried." Upon seeing us walking together he said, "But I don't like lesbians!" I couldn't tell if I was more offended that he thought that we were a couple or that he was a homophobe. That construction overpass is now known as the underpass where we were gay-bashed. Even though we're not gay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home