Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ch ch ch check it out!

Um....has anyone else heard THIS yet? I'm sure that the link is getting passed around the blogosphere like wildfire because it is so freaking great. This guy compiled a "CD" of pop covers being done by some of my favorite bands (Rilo Kiley, Flaming Lips). It includes the Ted Leo version of Since U Been Gone/Maps that I mentioned before and a hilarious/touching version of Ben Gibbard singing Avril's "Complicated," and Superwolf's live cover of R. Kelly's "Ignition" (which, PS, had a resurgence in popularity in the apartment this week). The Tilly and the Wall cover of "Hey Ya" actually made me want to hear that song again.....a feat that I thought would never happen after the heavy saturation that song got.

I wish I could download all of these onto a CD....Anyone know how? Or is that highly illegal?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hold the control button when you click on each link, and click to "download" - woo hoo!!! I love working with nerds. In a way, it's "illegal" but you haven't committed any crime - the person who put mp3s on the site did....then again, most of these songs probably aren't avail for sale anyways.

xoxo
jen

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home