Monday, March 01, 2004

*Oscar the Grouch pt.2*

I was going to mention, in my earlier post, that the most disturbing part of the night for me was the pre-show arrival with Joan "I'm so scary they only show me in profile now" Rivers and Billy "he's such a douche that he makes me miss Ryan Seacrest" Bush. There were weird pre-scripted interviews ("You've been looking at Maria Menounous' heart all night, Owen"), awkward staged entrances (Billy and Keisha Castle-Hughes get out of the limo together. She may only be 13, but even she was embarassed to be seen with that wanker!), and really really really bad puns (Billy to Naomi Watts: "Watt's up?" I'm grimacing even now!). So I was glad that other bloggers have seized on these bad judgement calls too. My favorite contained this haiku nugget of greatness- amongst others:

8:20 PM
"Hey Naomi Watts!
Watt's up??" Billy Bush just asked.
I'm buying a gun.

Heh heh. I forgot how much I love haiku. (It's so great, in fact, that I see that they have posted it on GAWKER!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home