Monday, January 26, 2004

***Globes 2004***

Is it just me or was EVERYONE'S favorite part of a pretty ho-hum Golden Globes ceremony when Nicole "I keep getting nominated even though I'm frigid and detached onscreen" Kidman had to read the list of Best Actors in a Drama and she'd slept with three of them! (well, at least according to my bibles like US Weekly!) There was a moment where you could tell that she was praying that Jude and Tom and Russel wouldn't win. And you could see a palpable look of relief on her face when Sean Penn won. It was like, "Oh goody, I've never seen his wang!" Plus he wasn't even there to accept the award.

In the hopes of seeing more scenes like this, I propose that we make Winona Ryder present at the Grammys. Maybe one day there'll be a catagory in which Ryan Adams and Beck and Conor Oberst and Dave Pirner (well the first three at least still have careers!) face off against each other. And, after a moment of visible tension, she can read with glee and relief that Bruce Springsteen won. But then she'd probably bone the Boss at the afterparty or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home