Thursday, December 18, 2003

Well, I've already gotten shit about my blog- it's to be expected. Phone calls. Emails. "I can't believe you have a blog. Loser!" I can't blame you guys; a couple of months ago I would've said the same thing!
However, one day you'll all thank me for sucking up my pride and publishing an online whatever-this-is (diary? treatise? account of the boring details of my life? journal of funny/cool things I've found on the web?).
First off, has anyone else heard the new
Courtney Love single? I can't stop being watching this woman! She's like a car wreck. The drug charges, the crazy online ramblings, the custody battles, the ever-changing release dates. (I get it, I get it. You're releasing it in February. For Valentine's Day. And your name is Love. How clever! I can see the headlines now!) I think that most of her personal life is too sad to mock and, seriously, when i think about Francis, it makes me want to cry. But her music is totally fair game! And I say that as a longtime Hole enthusiast. This song.... It's so not exciting. It's so by-the-books. I can't even work myeslf up into hating it. It's just so boring. Well, at least it has the trademarked, howling Courtney-style "Yeeeeeaaaaahhh!" at the end.
The other "controversy" that I've been following (ok, OBSESSIVELY following) is Mel Gibson's movie The Passion. And Mel, dude, I believe in your First Amendment right to make any kind of movie you want (hell, I didn't protest when you unleashed Conspiracy Theory and that movie was an affront to good taste!). Hey, you belong to a sect of Catholicism that is more conservative than the Pope- that's fine. I mean, I think it's a little weird that you don't think the Holocaust really happened (ok, in fairness your dad said that!) and that you reject the Second Vatican council. But, seriously, I respect your right to say anything you like or pray anyway you like. Mark my words though- I will not be seeing your anti-Semetic, all in Aramaic, brutal depiction of the killing of Jesus. You've shielded it so long from real film critics from, like, the New York Times and shown it only to conservatives who are sympathetic with your cause. (That cause ostensibly being letting everyone know that the Jews killed Jesus?) Say what you will about Michael Moore, but he shows his liberally-slanted films to everyone and weathers the criticism accordingly. Oh and who is the newest film critic that Gibson has invited into his Catholic coffee klatch? the POPE! I must say though, I don't know know what I would do with my time and energy if some of it wasn't spent hating Mel Gibson. Click here for a story I loved about Gibson and his martyr complex!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home