Monday, April 05, 2004

**It's a SIGN O'THE TIMES**

Ok, I've enjoyed all of the hype surrounding the different remix albums of Jay-Z's excellent, The Black Album. I dug DangerMouse's Gray Album, that mixed in the Beatles. (Hey, it got press in every major music magazine!) Since I'm going through a Weezer revival, I really loved The Black and Blue Album that mixed in Weezer's first album. (I mean Dec. 4/ Say It Ain't So is one of the best mash ups EVER and, since 99 Problems is my favorite song on Hova's album, it was cool to hear it mashed up with Buddy Holly.) But now here comes the ultimate Black Album remix for this spring: The Purple Album! That's right, it's Prince meets Jay-Z! Check out the version of Dec 4 that mixes in part of Little Red Corvette. I think the best song might be Change Clothes- which, on the Jay-Z album is the worst track, even though it was the first single- because this version mixes in Purple Rain! I dare you to listen to this remix album and not get pumped for the upcoming Prince tour. I don't even care that I'm gonna be sitting in, like, the last row of the Garden with a bloody nose. It's fucking PRINCE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home