Monday, August 23, 2004

Add it up....

I’m not sure if it is a good thing or a dangerous thing, but Shaya (bloggeratti that she is!) showed me how to get a counter on this site. I cannot believe that in the first two days I’d gotten like 40 hits! The weirdest part is that I can check to see how people got to my blog (from yahoo searches like “caroline, outkast video” and links from other peoples’ blogs). Now I really only thought there were like 4 readers out there (and you 4 are name checked pretty regularly in these posts) but it is funny/weird/disturbing to think that there are strangers out there reading this. I mean, I guess that is why I started blogging and not just writing in a diary or laughing about this shit privately with friends. Anyway, to those of you that found me randomly or by accident I’m sorry that my spelling and grammar are hideous (especially for someone with a post-graduate writing degree!) and I’m sorry that I mostly talk about boys I think are cute and The Killers! However, here is a segment I think we all can enjoy (new and old readers alike) and since we haven’t had a list in awhile…..
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE THINGS THAT PEOPLE GOOGLE SEARCHED THAT BROUGHT THEM TO RETOWN:

1) “retown”: people have actually searched retown! I don’t know if this is because they are one of my four friends and can’t remember the web address of this blog or if they are people looking me up (highly unlikely) or if they are looking up some other sort of “RETOWN” entirely. What could that be? A business? A weird person’s name? Who are these other retowns?
2) “vintage letterman jackets from West Side Story”: What? I don’t even remember ever writing about this and this seems like a rather specific search. But I guess I’ve had to search weird specific things (especially here at work) like “New York Public Library Alaska literary journal” and “naked protest RNC”
3) “Paris Hilton album”: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
4) “Wedding pictures marc j.lo”: Ok people, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…. If you are going to have some quickie wedding to some oft-wed pop star who may be carrying your child, at least have the decency to take down photos of your last wedding to some other woman off your website. It’s just good manners.
5) “13 year old girls in underwear preview”: EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW! I don’t know why this search brought you to my site. There are no 13 year olds here and NO ONE in their underwear. But you should be ashamed of yourself for searching that. Unless you are Pete Townsend and it’s “research for your book on child abuse.” Then it’s ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home