Friday, March 25, 2005

They don't love you like I love you.

For weeks now I've looked forward to seeing seeing that Addidas commercial. You know the one...for the sneaker that adjusts to different terrains, but it all happens in a dream. And there is this hauntingly sung, sweet song about "Whenever I wake up..." and something about taking the shape of something.
Every time it was on I had to turn to whomever I was sitting next to and say, "I fucking love this commercial. This song is so awesome." And then whomever I'm sitting with nods in agreement. I'd never heard that song before, but I loved it (even though I wasn't sure if it was an actual song or a jingle that was masquerading as a an indie rock hit).

A weird side note....as I type this that commercial JUST came on again. Synergy, huh?

Anyway, I was just talking about this commercial with people at work and saying that I wish I had a recording of the song and how the voice singing it sounds so familiar (and, I should note that my favorite game is "What famous actor is doing that commercial voice over?"). And someone said, "Oh I heard that commercial was directed by Spike Jonze." And then before someone could say it, I realized that I recognized that voice.....it's Spike's girlfriend, Karen O.

Why am I always the last to know??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home